Monday, September 3, 2012

Shakespeare and School

Well summer is over and school has started (that still makes me want to cry). Summer literally flew by and I have no idea where it went or what I did with all that time. The last week of summer I did finally take advantage of the Shakespeare Festival here in town and got a student pass so I could see some plays. This year they started this deal for SUU students where they can get a $35 pass for the festival and that gets them into any play any time as long as there's still a seat available. How lucky I am that I get to do this!

That week I went to Merry Wives of Windsor, 


 Les Miserables, 


Scapin, 


then Merry Wives again, and Scapin one more time. This last week I got to see Les Mis a seccond time, so I've seen all the plays I wanted to twice. It has been so fun! Lucky for me Les Mis runs through the fall season too so I'm going to get to see it many more times. That one is definitely my favorite, they did such a good job with it! The cast they picked is just incredible, I'm pretty sure I cried like a baby both times I saw it. It really is so amazing.


I totally have a crush on the guy in the front of this picture who plays Enjolras....he's definitely my favorite :)


School started last week on the 27th and like I said before, It makes me sad. My classes won't be very difficult, but there will be a lot of work to do. I get to take the cadaver lab practicum this semester and that is what I'm most excited about. That class should be pretty fun. Another class I'm in is called biology teaching methods, and it's supposed to get me all ready for my first year of teaching. During this semester we have to put together a whole school year's worth of lesson plans, activities, assignments, tests, and all that stuff. It's going to be a lot of work! I also have to dress nice for that class, like a teacher...that means dress pants and skirts and no jeans...blah.

Anyway, that's my life right now. The end.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dress pants make your butt look good, so that's a plus :)