This year is the last year I'll get to celebrate homecoming at SUU...unless I do my student teaching here but that's yet to be determined. My good friend Shelly came down like she did last year and we had a really fun weekend! Friday night we went out for dinner and then joined in the festivities on the campus. They had a pep rally with some sweet fireworks and a concert by A Rocket to the Moon. I wasn't very familiar with this band before their little concert here but once they started playing I realized I've heard several of their songs on Pandora. Apparently they're kind of a big deal. I really like their music and their concert was pretty good. Shelly and I had a fun time people watching and hanging out listening to some good music. After the concert it was time for True T-Bird Night. As usual, we just went, got our free chapstick, laughed at all the awkward people wandering around trying to find someone to kiss, and then went home. It was a good time :)
The next morning I had to get up nice and early to get ready for the homecoming parade. This year I joined the NSTA (National Science Teacher's Association) and got to be in the parade with the club. The homecoming theme this year was SUUper heroes...funny right? So for our float we used this theme and had heroes of science. Everyone in the club dressed up as a different famous scientist and then we had some little kids dressed as doctors ride on a trailer we decorated for our float. My friend Madi and I were Francis Crick and James Watson (If you don't know who they are look them up, you'll learn something new), our club advisor was Einstein, my friend Kandace was Madame Curie, and we had an Archimedes, Isaac Newton, and Adam Savage from Mythbusters. It was pretty awesome and our float one the prize "Best use of theme". We were pretty proud of ourselves!
After the parade it was time for the football game. My friends Christoper and Jason came down to see this so Shelly and I got to hang out with them and then afterwards we went to dinner. It was fun to see them again! It was a close game and our team fought hard, but we lost :( It made me pretty sad. Nonetheless, it was a really good homecoming weekend and I'm still proud to be a T-Bird!
1 comment:
Haha love your costume!
Post a Comment