Tuesday, December 20, 2011

David Arculeta Concert #2!

Monday night was the David Archuleta concert in Salt Lake. This was the one I took my mom to for Christmas. It was at Abravanel Hall and even though our seats weren't as close as my seat in Cedar it was just as amazing! When we got there they weren't letting us in to the auditorium yet but we could hear David giving a concert to the VIP peoples. Even from outside he sounded wonderful! I wish I had $200 for a VIP package. My mom and I started talking to these ladies who were there waiting too and they mentioned that they also saw him in Cedar. It just so happens they were sitting only two rows in front of Jason and I and they remembered us and all our yelling and screaming haha. They said it was really entertaining and they wished Jason was going to be at this concert too...it was pretty funny.
In the auditorium we were sitting behind this group of teenage girls. They were so giddy, it reminded me of how Melissa and I would act. They were just hilarious the entire time and were so funny to talk to. Jeff LeBlanc opened the show and was great of course. I've definitely become a big fan. When David came out the crowd went wild and it was awesome. Of course he sounded great as always and had even more energy than the concert last week. He is seriously amazing.
At the end of the concert David came back out to make a special announcement before his encore song. He announced that he's going to serve a full time mission! As soon as he said that the whole crowd was on their feet and there was so much cheering, it was crazy. (There's a video of his announcement here David's Special Announcement ) In an interview a few months ago David talked about his decision to not go on a mission, but I guess he changed his mind and I'm glad he did. His willingness to serve the Lord in the midst of his fame and musical success is such a great example. He really is an amazing person! I know that how ever and where ever they have him serve he will do well and bless so many lives. I'm so glad we were there to see that, it was so cool!!
After the show we waited a bit to talk to Jeff LeBlanc out in the lobby. This time I got his autograph and a picture with him :) Here it is along with a few pictures from the concert.








No comments: